The Rat Pack (Full version)
A downloadable Rat-tastic TBS!
The Rat Pack is a turn-based strategy game in which you manage a colony of rats and try to gain favour with rodent royalty!
(This is the full version of a gamejam entry I made as a prototype - available here for anyone interested - https://captaind.itch.io/the-rat-pack-mags-version)
It will be a text-based, turn-based strategy game that expands significantly on the idea behind the game jam version.
Design and Coding by Dave Seaman
Art by Antoni Langen.
You're a young rat trying to make his way in the world, and start off with a small commission from King Rat. By setting up colonies in different locations, completing mission objectives and rising up the ratty echelons you can eventually hit the big time - but it won't be easy!
Do you have what it takes to be a true leader among rats?
The story will be split into 3 Chapters:
- Humble Beginnings (well a rat's gotta start somewhere, you know?!)
- Moving on Up (Still in the country, but living life lush!)
- The Modern Urban Rat (this is it boy, we're moving into the city! YAY... but beware all the extra humans of course...)
Each Chapter contains 5 Missions with its own specific objectives, as you slowly start from the yuckiest places to grander surroundings (eventually
As you progress through the missions, more options will open up so that eventually you will be juggling many options such as foraging for food, digging to expand your next and food storage area, scavenging for treasure which can then be spent on upgrading your Rat Lab and skills such as Trap Evasion, raiding rival rat colonies, improving your rank by sending to tribute to King Rat, who you can then ask for help.
The final game will feature 3 difficulty levels and 100 achievements.
- Final artwork is coming in...Feb 10, 2020
- Testing, testing...Nov 12, 2019
- The rats are BACK!Oct 30, 2019
- First preview of The Rat PackFeb 15, 2019
- OBT package updatedFeb 13, 2019
- Open Beta is now live!Feb 09, 2019
- Progress ReportFeb 03, 2019
- Open Beta detailsDec 29, 2018